Sunday, February 7, 2010

March Madness

This is not about basketball but instead how crazy March is going to be! The doctor on Friday recommended that Parker have his tonsils and adenoids removed and small tubes put in his ears. We are going to have the surgery and he will be home for a week. I have decided to have it done in March so he isn't missing nice weather to play outside and it is definitely long before Kindergarten starts. But I have committed myself to the GRE that month as well, so I will probably be stress out slightly until the end of March. Although the surgery isn't an absolute necessity, it will be positive. It has been hard to decide to do it because I like I am damned if I do, damned if I don't, but overall, he will have less pain, sleep better and never have to worry about strep throat again! Plus, he gets to stay home for a week, I get to stay home for a week, and we will both be eating way more Popsicles than we should! It will be like Spring Break with out the beach or parties....well, I am sure we will have some dance parties, but you know what I mean.

He is in fairly good spirits about it and he is absolutely excited about the lack of ear aches. It helps that the doctor we are using performed the same procedure on his "best buddy," Langston. It is like extra security because he know that his friend is okay. After we were talking about it this morning, he told me that he is going to tell Langston about it first thing in the morning. He told me he is most scared of the needles or shots (this after not crying while getting 4 vaccines on Friday).

No comments:

Post a Comment