Thursday, August 5, 2010

Introducing Sadie Jane

Monday evening, my very closest friend and even closer neighbor went to the hospital to be induced.  Monday marked the beginning of her 41st week.  She didn't have any complications but after a few tests they decided not to wait until the end of the week.  Tuesday morning at 8:30 I got the text that little Sadie Jane was born.  It was smooth labor and delivery except she decided to swallow some fluid on the way out.  After spending a better part of the past 2 days in the NICU, Sadie and her parents are finally home.  My home doesn't feel right when they are not home, I have grown very accustom to the noises that I hear coming from above....so accustomed that the silence over the past few days has been eery.  I finally was able to meet Sadie tonight!!!!  Quinn, their older daughter comes home tomorrow.  Unfortunately, Parker is out of town until Monday so he hasn't seen his self proclaimed baby sister yet, I can't wait to see the look on his face when he meets her.....he has been waiting so patiently this entire time to meet her.  When I showed him the first picture I received on Tuesday, he just sat and looked at it for such a long time with a euphoric look...he was happy and still curious about her.  Here are a few pictures of my "daughter" and Parker's new "sister."
This is the best one I think

No comments:

Post a Comment