Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 3-Your first love

Wow.....my first love.  I won't give his full name but his first name was Andy.  Although he broke my heart, I can't help but think of him with a smile.  I met him in 7th grade (maybe it was 8th, I can't remember now) when he moved into my school.  He was in band and maybe one other class of mine.  He was so cute with his reddish blond hair and blue eyes....plus he wasn't from my hometown which made him way more interesting than all the other boys.  I am pretty sure I was crushing hardcore the minute I saw him.  We eventually became boyfriend and girlfriend....then he broke up with me.  Then a few months later we got back together and it was "real love" that time......and then he broke up with me.  I came to my senses for at least a year.....then we started being boyfriend and girlfriend again......shocker.... he broke up with me.  This may have happened one more time....too many that's for sure!  Every time we broke up, a mutual friend, another Andy, would tell me, "Well Allyson, it was nice to see you so often over the past months, I guess I'll see you in about a year or so!" making fun of the fact that we would date about once a year.  I think every other boyfriend I had in high school was probably just my rebound off of Andy.....

It's funny to think about those you used to love in your younger days....you never really know if it was "real" or just "hormones".  I realized that I seriously loved that kid when I saw him once at the Speedway on Dorthy Lane about 4ish years ago (you can't guarantee anything on my memory time line by the way).  I got nervous when I realized that it was him.  I mean, it had been like 6 years since I had seen him.  But totally had the shaky knees.  We chatted for a moment and before we parted he said something about my eyes.....yes, it made my heart flutter.  I got in my car to drive away, but sat there for a moment...I shook my head in disappointment, in a five minute conversation I had morphed into my 13, 14, 15, 16 year old self that was head over heels for that kid.

This has made me wonder if I was anyone's first love.......

No comments:

Post a Comment