Thursday, May 10, 2012

What a Wonderful Morning

Tuesday nights was one of those nights were you feel like you have 5 hours worth of stuff to do in about an hour and a half.  Changing the oil in my 2/5 dead car was a top priority as well as making the dinner I had planned out and getting Parker to bed at his normal time.  Oh yea, I had to buy the oil too after getting Parker after getting home from work.  I had asked mr if we could come over and use his tools and flat surface for the oil changing process and of course he said yes.  I had also hoped that he would pick up my oil and oil filter during the day so I could skip that step in the evening.  The thing about planning that in your head is that it never happens in reality.  Of course it was one of those days from him so I was rushing around after work getting Parker, the food together (just wait until you see pictures of the food! Beautiful!), purchasing the oil and getting it changed before making dinner.  Getting stressed out about time tables is something that I am really REALLY good at doing.  I don't like it when things don't fall into place time wise at all, so I was stressing out and getting in a bad mood about the timing of Tuesday night for no reason at all because it all ended up falling together so well.

mr helped with my oil because I couldn't get the plug to unscrew or the oil filter.  And before anyone passes any judgement on why mr didn't just change it for is one of those things that I know how to do, so I don't really like it if other people (who I am not paying like Valvoline) to do for me.  My brother in law taught me years ago how to do it on my own, and if I had the tools and surface area, I would always do it on my own.  mr had offered to change it and in my stressed moment, I snapped at him.  But with his help, when I was ready to ask for it, we got it done.  Then we made dinner, and was amazing!  Parker went to bed, mr and I had some hang out time and it was great!  I slept better than I have in a couple weeks.  And then there was this morning.  This is the first week night that Parker and I have stayed an mr's house for close to a month if not a little more.  It was too hard staying there while working at JJ.  It always involved waking up earlier than I already did and it was less enjoyable because I would be so worried about not going to bed on time and over sleeping.  Not relaxing at all.  But this morning we all woke up at the same time.  When I was going to get Parker out of bed, he was coming out of his room too.  It was so funny, he looked at me like "Mom, we got to get going!"  He got ready on his own, brushed his teeth on his own, made his bed on his own and because of all that, I was able to get ready and make him scrambled eggs for breakfast!  Eggs totally trump cereal for a weekday breakfast!  Then he and mr starting taking care of the cats while I finished getting my things together to leave.  mr took Parker to school shortly after I left for work.  But seriously, it was one of the best mornings I have ever had.  Wednesday was wonderful because my day started so well.  I can't do anything but smile about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment