Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013

What a crazy, eventful, unexpectedly nuts-o year!  I feel like my life wrap speeded ahead this year and I kinda love it!

From starting a new job to buying a house to totalling my beloved Volvo to partying in Vegas to watching my best friends get married but losing my grandpa......crazy ass year.

I knew going into 2013, it was going to be quite a year.  I had an interview set up with my current employer by the end of 2012, so I was hopeful about that.  I had recently turned 30 which gave me a new outlook and determination to stop waiting for what I wanted to happen.  I took a lot of my life into my own hands this year and dispite the heartache that I have felt, the tears that have fallen, this was an amazing year.

The loss of my grandpa will never be outweighed by the good that has happened this year, but knowing that he was part of the big highlights has helped with the grief of his death.  He was able to sit in my living room and direct the "traffic" the day I moved in.  He was part of the big "which lawn mower to buy" decision.  He was able to visit the house again for RP's 8th birthday.

Buying my house was by far the best part of 2013.  It is scary to own a home alone and it is way more work than I could have ever expected.  I would have never guessed I would love this place as much as I do.  RP and I have made it our own and yet there is so much more to change and add to it.  I have had those moments of being overwhelmed with the house but those moments are erased when RP can just walk down the street to a friend's house or when I just need to yell out the front door for him to come home. 

I have never felt more stable and satisfied with my life.  Everyday brings a new challenge in parenting and some days are harder than others, but I am happy to my core.  I can already tell that we are going to have an amazing 2014 and welcome this new year with open arms.

Happy New Year to everyone :)

Here is a little photo shuffle thinger-ma-bob I made from pic on Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment