Sunday, October 11, 2009

Falltime Pancakes

Today Parker and I have had breakfast for every meal. There is
something about fall that makes me crave hot breakfast foods. This
morning was oatmeal, scrambled eggs for lunch and pancakes for
dinner. I normally don't like pancakes and I really wanted pumpkin
ones, but I have yet to stock up on my canned pumpkin goods. So
looking through my cabinet the cinnamon and nutmeg yelled out
"FALL!". Although I would like to believe that I made up a new
recipes, it is doubtful. But I really liked it and have been
experimenting with recipes lately. I haven't post my granola bar
recipes yet because I have made it twice but am not yet satisfied.
But this one is easy, yummy and hits the fall food crave button. So
here it is :)

Fall time pancakes

1 c flour
1 T sugar
2 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1 1/2 T brown sugar
1/2 t cinnamon
1/4 t nutmeg
1 c milk
2 T oil
1/4 t vanilla
1 egg

Combine dry ingredients in large bowl. In smaller bowl, wisk together
wet ingredients. Wisk both into larger bowl. Scoop onto hot, greased
frying pan (I set mine on med high) using 1/4 c measuring cup. After
small bubble form, flip pancake over. Cook on the second side for
about 1 minute.

Top with maple syrup, pumpkin butter, powdered sugar, or apple
slices. If you like it simple they are delicious with just a little
butter.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I love breakfast for dinner!

    Every November there is a pancake supper to benefit the EMS/Fire Services in Terrace Park and it is sooo good-- Parker would love it!

    ReplyDelete