Sunday, January 17, 2010

Most of the time

2009 is over. The first month of 2010 is half way through. My goodness, I am getting old enough to wonder where the time goes. I am glad that 2009 is over, it did not treat me well. I bitch too much really, but I would just like this year to be less bumpy. Every new year we naturally do a personal "Year End Review." We sit and recall as much as we can from the past year, good and bad and start comparing it to the beginning of the new year. I have been doing this. Most people hope that they see personal growth, a better attitude, change. Or because they lacked that, they will strive for those things this year. When I am looking back over the past year, I have realized that not much has changed in my little life. I am still living in the same place, still working at the same job (mostly with the same people), still single (although a year ago I did try my hand at a relationship), still, kinda just there. Does this mean that my life is stagnant? Or comfortable? Is one bad and the other good? My friends this year have had babies or become pregnant, my sister bought a new house, my younger sister went on a personal growth journey for most of the year and I have had no real change. I am perplexed at the meaning (if any) behind this. I guess I should really ask if I want anything to change. I cannot say that I would. Most of the time I am happy, most of the time Parker is happy. Most of the time we are healthy and laughing and having fun while getting business done. Sometimes I am lonely and think that I want a partner to share the "most of the time" moments with, but luckily I have a great family and a couple truely wonderful friends.

These are my favorite ones, when you write your thoughts and through that you are able to make you own connections and see your conclusion.


No comments:

Post a Comment